इतना तो ज़िंदगी में किसी के ख़लल पड़े
हँसने से हो सुकून न रोने से कल पड़े
Kaif Azmi wrote this ghazal at the tender age of eleven, an age which is defined by carefree and playful times. And well as the early signs suggested, Kaifi sab turned out to be a stalwart as a lyricist in the world of popular cinema as well as a highly respected and popular 'shayar' in literary circles. Be it the martyr's spirit in 'kar chale hum fidaa jaan-o-tan saathiyon', the call to awake women in 'uth meri jaan mere saath hi chalna hai tujhe' or the very tender emotion of 'tum itna jo muskura rahe ho', Kaifi Azmi did magic to pour it all in his verses.
It is his 98th birthday this month [14th Jan], and Team Parwaz devotes its monthly baithak to one of the greatest poets of our times. Join us and celebrate the phenomenon called Kaifi.!
Book at: https://goo.gl/IyZicb
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE CELEBRATION:
1) Informal chat session including anecdotes from maestro's life, discussion on his popular verses, and also his creations apart from the popular media of films.
2) You, the participants are welcome to recite your favourite couplets, nazms or ghazals
3) Snacks and refreshments to be served as part of the event.
1) The presentation will be done mostly in 'Hindi and Urdu'
2) We have limited seats, so prior booking is necessary.
DATE, TIME & DURATION: 28th Jan, 2016. 4 to 7 pm
VENUE: Delhi Diary Art Lounge, D-20 South Ex -1.
Rs 500/person* (inclusive of tea/snacks). [40% discount for members]
300/- per person for students [Bring your ID card along].
* Children below 10 yrs are not allowed.
HOW TO REACH:
We recommend to take Metro to INA market on yellow line and take an auto from there.
For any assistance, call us at 9810011955